With over 20 years of research and evaluation of nearly every available attribute, Massini Group has proven that the best predictor of future success is historical interactions. By combining targeting data with the historical data that we will help you collect, you can build contact strategies that are proven to improve overall sales effectiveness. Massini Group will tie all of your efforts together (email, web, direct) and get leads to your salespeople using a just-in-time model so that your organization has a perfectly optimized marketing and sales effort.
The capacity of your inbound and outbound sales teams must be considered as you build your marketing efforts. Massini Group has found that campaigns that are too large do not allow for timely adjustment of messaging and tactics with isolated target sets between passes. The result of campaigns that are too large will be wasted knowledge and data that could have been better utilized through subsequent efforts.
In contrast, campaigns that are too small or not statistically relevant to the larger universe can produce data that is not applicable on a larger scale and you lose the ability to build the organization from your experience.
Massini Group has over 20 years of experience in understanding how to measure both the capacity of your team as well as the ideal capacity for your team. Whether sizing an OTM campaign or understanding the magnitude of generated response from an inbound email campaign, you want to be sure that your campaigns are sized for both your capacity and your sales objectives.
Whenever you are building a campaign, regardless of the channel, you need to have primary and secondary objectives in mind. While the primary objective of a campaign will typically be sales, the secondary objectives become less obvious and are often overlooked.
Secondary objectives exist to ultimately support the primary objective of driving sales and depend not only your understanding of the successes of your campaigns, but also the codified failures. Some examples of these objectives are;
- Offer Testing
- Team or Vendor Performance Testing
- Order flow control (what types and how many orders are you prepared to provision)
- Comprehensive Universe Coverage
Your environment may have other, specialized objectives that can only be supported via intentional and strategic campaign management. Properly structured campaigns will typically have the following characteristics;
- Defined start and end date
- Known attribute structure
- Understood distribution of leads based on attributes
- Proper sizing based on capacity and time constraint
- Alignment between messaging and targeting
- Well defined objectives and realistic targets based on historical performance
Ongoing Campaign Optimization
The true value of campaign management is the ability to take properly measured learning over time and fine tune strategies. This iterative process should have multiple objectives;
- Align targets with skillsets – Some individuals possess skills and characteristics that give them greater ability to sell certain products, lead types, or customer types. Understanding these relative advantages can be key in;
- Employee retention
- Sales performance optimization
- New hire profile creation
- Record Prioritization – As variables are isolated and campaign structure is understood, it becomes easy to identify subset of the universe that perform at lower levels. Proper campaign creation, over time, will allow you to further separate performing versus non-performing leads. This understanding enables the employment of two concepts;
- Higher probability lead pool – As underperforming leads are identified and suppressed, reps are now able to concentrate efforts on more probable closes.
- Data driven sales enablement – The subsets of the leads will have characteristics that can allow for difficulties to be overcome. Some examples of this are new product offerings for home-based businesses, new messaging tailored to specific industries, or more aggressive pricing for larger volume targets. Depending on your product and findings, you may find the options are numerous.
These strategies and solutions are enabled by well-defined campaigns and data structure. Massini Group believes that when run correctly, campaigns should improve yield, and provide the most valuable information within your organization to enable sales, marketing and finance teams to work together to create the highest yielding campaigns and contribute to overall program health.
Reporting on campaign performance should happen in a timely manner and not just be utilized postmortem. It is imperative that current reporting is used as an in-flight tool to adjust campaign approach and maximize results before it is too late.
To allow this level of responsiveness, not only does the content of your campaigns need to be intentional, but the order and sorting applied needs to be deliberate. Day over day variance in performance should be tied to sales effort and other environmental factors, not based exclusively on which data happened to be loaded first.
Just-in-time Sales Targeting
Massini Group, through their Omni-Channel Marketing Efforts will help you identify which subsets of your market require which sorts of attention and when. These learnings are fine-tuned over time as you utilize your own data to drive modeling.
For example, understanding how email marketing impacts sales yield, is a factor in driving optimized timing and understanding in your market universe.
This application of informed targeting allows marketing dollars to be applied where necessary within your comprehensive universe and allows your program to maintain a responsible and reasonable journey to your prospects. One of the biggest turnoffs in a competitive market are over saturation and abuse of leads via direct marketing efforts. Maintaining a responsible and cross informed channel builds your brand with the small businesses that you hope to support.